Garbage & Recycling
Garbage Pick Up
The City contracts with Waste Connections for garbage pickup once a week and charges $10.00 per month for each container. You will be given a blue, wheeled garbage cart. We ask that you bag your garbage (preferably in plastic bags) before placing it in the cart. On the day that your garbage is collected, you will need to roll your cart to the street before 7 am and place it on the curb within eighteen inches (18") of the street (not in the street) with the cart handles facing toward your house (remember Handles to House). Do not place the cart within five feet of any stationary object (mailbox, tree, utility pole, vehicle, etc.)
There are several things we ask you to remember:
- Do place your cart at the curb the night before your scheduled service day.
- Do not place anything in the cart except household garbage.
- Do not pile garbage around the cart (even in plastic bags). The truck will not pick it up unless it is in the cart.
- Do not leave your cart on the curb longer than 24 hours. The City has an ordinance that requires you to keep your cart out of public view on days when it is not being picked up.
If your garbage pick-up is missed, call 662-892-9306. If you live outside the city limits, call 901-794-3800.
Holidays that affect Garbage Pick up
When a designated holiday occurs on a weekday, household collection occurs one day later than normal for the remainder of the week. The following holidays are designated holidays through the calendar year:
- New Years Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day (July 4th)
- Labor Day
Residential Trash Recyclables
The City of Olive Branch supports the recycling of trash by our citizens to be in the best interest of our Nation, our State, and our City. You will be given a wheeled, recycle cart for your recyclables. Your cart is to be placed on the curb, containing your recyclables, alongside your garbage cart on the same day as your garbage pickup. To opt-in to this program, it is $5.00 per cart.
All recyclables must be empty, clean, and dry. Please do not bag recyclables.