- Police Department
- Uniform Patrol
The Uniform Patrol Division operates under the direction of Major Eric Stewart. The officers assigned to this division patrol the community in a highly visible manner in an effort to identify, prevent and solve community problems.
- Responds to calls for service.
- Deter crime by visible patrol.
- Detect, apprehend and process persons involved in criminal activity.
- Work to ensure traffic safety and enforce traffic laws.
- Works to reduce immediate and potential hazards to the community.
If You Are Involved in an Accident
- Call the police, even if it is an accident where the police do not normally respond.
- Get the name, address, registration number, insurance company name, and operator's license number of all vehicles and operators involved.
- Note time, date, location, road conditions, make and year of vehicles involved, apparent damage and injuries, and your version of what happened.
- Make a diagram of the accident scene.
- Notify your insurance agent or company as soon as possible and take reasonable steps to protect your property from further damage.
The Uniform Patrol Division is divided into four shifts (A, B, C, and D). Each officer is assigned to patrol one of the nine police precincts during their shift. Specialized units such as DUI, Traffic Enforcement, and K-9 supplement the patrol division. The Shift Supervisors are as follows:
- Shift A:
- Lieutenant Muccairone
- Sergeant Cline
- Sergeant Euceda
- Shift B:
- Lieutenant Oliveria
- Sergeant Wilson
- Sergeant Todd
- Shift C:
- Lieutenant Roberts
- Sergeant Wardlaw
- Sergeant Overly
- Shift D:
- Lieutenant Crum
- Sergeant White
- Sergeant Pope